Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Not exactly a painting............

This is a new attempt at pyrography.  I've tried it before with what I thought were good results, but this is a lot better.  I once painted this image when I was in school...a response to the assignment "Put yourself in a famous painting."  It was fun to place myself in this Caravaggio painting, holding the horse.  I titled it "I Witness the Conversion of St. Anthony(I think) and Caravaggio Captures the Moment."  What fun I had in that class.  It was an advanced figure drawing course with my wonderful teacher Mike Lewis.  It's actually a pastel drawing and not a painting.  I still have it.  I never had any trouble thinking of subject matter then, responding to the confines of an assignment.  Without that stimulus, I can't come up with much.

No comments:

Post a Comment