Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Little watercolor

Yesterday I went to Diana's to paint with a group of friends I haven't seen for along time.  Some of them used to be my students.  For years I came to Eastport as a teacher.  We would all stay at Diana's for a week, going out to paint every day.  I would chose a sight and do a demonstration there.  The the students would find a spot nearby to do their own painting.  I went from person to person, offering pointers and advice......or probably more to the point, demands.  I was a hands on teacher, not adverse to grabbing the brush out of their fingers and painting on their work myself.  It was all good-natured and fun, though.  We all had a wonderful time.  Now these students are painters in their own right, most of them more successful than I.  They live in Bangor, so I don't see them much, and I really enjoy them when they are here.

In any case, we all became friends and I enjoyed painting yesterday.  I worked on another wood piece for awhile, and then painted this little watercolor from a photo I like.  Obviously it was a quick sketch, sort of, but I actually like it as a finished painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment